Let Us Know More About Your Symptoms
1.You need to do the following preparations before starting your online consultation
(1) Read the "Understanding Your Symptoms" page (this page) carefully. This page is a learning page, which can help you understand your current symptoms and physical conditions more clearly and deeply. you can learn to use some medical words to describe your symptoms and physical conditions to doctors more accurately. This is very important because the doctor can obtain accurate information when communicating with you, and it also saves communicating time.
(2) First, you need to learn what is long-term COVID-19, what categories of long covid symptoms are, and what manifestations each symptom category contains. To make it easier for you to match your symptoms to the standard long covid symptom categories, Symptoms for each category are described in detail using plain language and Illustrations. We have also coded abbreviations for each symptom category.
(3) Second, you need to recall the history of your disease development from the time you PCR test positive to today. You'd better prepare a piece of paper, draw a timeline, and mark the date of the symptom onset, the name of the symptom, and the symptom code on the timeline. In the last part of this article, we give a timeline drawing example. Note: Your medical history is very important for your doctor to make an accurate diagnosis.
(4) Third, you need to collect and organize all your medical case reports from the time you tested positive for the PCR until today, mainly including the physical examination report, the cases filled in by the doctor according to your condition, your medication receipts and medication status. The more medical case reports you collect, the better. You can take photos of these materials and send them to us in the subsequent consultation process. This information is very important for doctors to make an accurate diagnosis.
(5) Finally, under the guidance of this page, you need to do some simple physical fitness tests at home by yourself, and record the results of the test. These test results are very important for doctors to make an accurate diagnosis.
(6) In addition, if you have drug allergies, food allergies, or other diseases (not the long covid) that have not been cured, please list them in detail. These are also very important for doctors to make an accurate diagnosis.
2.What is long covid?
Long Covid (also called post-COVID conditions), which is defined by World Health Organization, refers to the symptoms of physical discomfort after being infected by Novel Coronavirus, the standard is that after the patient is tested positive by PCR for the first time, after treatment or self-healing, the PCR test has turned negative within 21 days, that is, three weeks, there are still various physical discomfort. Various physical discomforts that persisted even after 90 days or 3 months. For more detailed information about the latest statistics on the onset of long covid in timeline, please refer to the following figure.
As can be seen from the above picture, your body is healthy before you are infected by the coronavirus, and you do not have any discomfort symptom. The symptoms of long covid are that discomfort appeared after you are infected by the coronavirus, moreover, this symptom of physical discomfort has not disappeared after your PCR test has turned negative, and even persisted after 90 days, that is, 3 months.
3.What are the categories of long covid? What are the symptoms of each category?
We have created a table showing the categories of long covid symptoms and what symptoms each category contains. The following is the "long covid symptom category table":
You need to carefully read the contents of the above table, then think about which category your symptoms belong to in the Category Table of Post Covid-19 Symptoms, and write down your symptom category code and your department. Later, it will be used in the online consultation process.
4.You need to do some simple tests at home
(1) You need to measure your height, weight and waist circumference at home. We need these three data to judge your obesity level and dosage used. If it's convenient, you'd better ask your friend to take a full-length front photo and side photo for us, so that we can judge your obesity more easily.
(2) You need to measure at home how many deep squats you can do at most, that is, squat down first and then stand up. When doing squats, in order to avoid falling down, you can hold the wall with your hands. You don't have to force it. When you feel it is difficult to stand up, you can stop. While squatting, count and feel your physical condition, and record your discomfort.
(3) You need to record your daily habits and diet. You can take pictures of the foods you eat most often and send them to us. If you can record the calories of each meal, you'd better send us the calorie data. In the app store of smart phones, you can download many apps that take photos of food and automatically calculate calories.
(4) You need to record your sleep. When do you usually go to bed and get up? How many times can you sleep every day and how many hours can you sleep each time? Is there any discomfort after waking up?
(5)If your friends and space are available, you'd better take a standard six-minute walk test (6MWT). The 6-minute walk test is the largest exercise test used to evaluate aerobic capacity and endurance. The distance traveled in a period of 6 minutes was used as a change in comparative performance capability. For specific test methods, please refer to the Six-minute Walk Test (6MWT) Guide
5.Timeline annotation chart for recalling the history of your disease development
In order to facilitate your illness review, please refer to the following timeline annotation chart of the history of your disease development, draw a picture based on your situation, and then take a picture and send it to us.